Re: invoking pathch fails with new blank at end of line (svn)

On 5 August 2011 09:35, gerhard comic-lesung de <gerhard comic-lesung de> wrote:
> hi everybody,
>
> Trying to diff a file against it's svn version, I got an error message
>  "Invoking patch failed".
>
> - meld version: '1.3.0'
> - source control software type: 'Subversion'
> - source control software version: svn, Version 1.5.1 (svn --version)
> - patch command: 'patch --strip=0 --reverse --directory=/tmp/tmprhkfC6-meld'
>
> I could nail down the error to a blank character added at the end of a line
> (the version in svn is without the ending blank).
> With the blank I get the error, without it Everything is fine.
>

> Don't know if this is already fixed in a newer version (this is the one
> considered stable by my apt ;)

Yeah... I think your apt might be misleading you. The current 'stable'
version is 1.4.0, and the current version is 1.5.2; 1.3.0 is more than
two years old, which is really too far back to support. Of course, if
you can reproduce with the development version, then please do file a
bug.

cheers,
Kai