Re: Ignore contents: compare by file name, date/time & size only

You could do with with some scripting.  I did this awhile ago while
experimenting with image manipulation programs: I wanted to see if files had
been renamed or changed.

I basically, created a hash (md5 or sha1 I can't remember) and saved this to a
file (sorted by hash).  I did one 'hash list file' for each tree: the original
and the current.  I then diff'ed those text files.

The thing is, I don't want to do any hashing at all on any of these big files. It's way too slow an operation. All I want is to keep a backup copy of these big files on an external drive. On my internal drive, I might add or remove or rearrange or rename some of them, and when it comes time to sync up the backup drive, all I want to see are these gross changes. I trust myself enough to know that I haven't gone in and modified the contents of any of these binaries...

Martin