Ignore contents: compare by file name, date/time & size only

I often need to compare directories with 10s or 100s of GB of binary files in them (generally between my internal and external drives). Coming from "Beyond Compare", I'm used to directory comparisons relying only on file name, date/time, and file size to decide which files differ, which are missing, etc.

Meld looks great, but seems to insist on comparing the contents of each file. This is far too expensive an operation for big files. Am I missing some hidden option that allows you to turn off "compare by contents" in the directory comparison view? Would this be a difficult feature to add?

I can't seem to find any mention of this in the mailing list. I did a brief search of bugzilla and came up with nothing. I'm running the latest version from git. All I found were some blogs/articles mentioning this limitation in Meld.

Cheers,

Martin