[feature request] consider .rsync-filter files

Hi,
let me thank you a lot for meld,
it's a hardly replaceable software. I mainly use it for VCS repositories but also to diff/merge rsync backups. In this case, the missing thing is an option to make meld considering the .rsync-filter files that rsync interprets with -F.
The would reduce the useful different files that change between two backups.
Though I don't know how "low-level" this ability has to be implemented (it may prove useful for diff, or for duplicity also) The .rsync-filter file format doesn't seem too complex but the directories exclusion/inclusion priorities tweaks it implies may sometimes be tricky. I'm sorry not being able to help you further in attempting an implementation, but I send the request anyway.

Regards

Raphaël