Re: meld filename scans entire tree

On 2010-04-21, Grant Edwards <grant b edwards gmail com> wrote:
> Recently I noticed that I can no longer look at the changes I've made
> to a single file under SVN control by doing "meld filename".  I swear
> that used to just show me the changes for the specified file.  Now it
> goes ahead on its own and scans the entire directory tree underneath
> the current directory.
>
> It's rather inconvenient when you just want to look to see what's
> changed in a single, specific file, and meld launches into a scan that
> sucks up CPU and disk bandwidth for several minutes.  The scan is
> completely useless, because meld doesn't do anything with the results.
>
> Is there some way to disable this new "feature"?

On a related topic (I think), is there anyway to avoid the complete
re-scan after reverting or commiting a single file?  It really mucks
up workflow if after every operation you have to wait a minute or two
for meld to rescan a large progje tree for no reason.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Hello...  IRON
                                  at               CURTAIN?  Send over a