meld filename scans entire tree

Recently I noticed that I can no longer look at the changes I've made
to a single file under SVN control by doing "meld filename".  I swear
that used to just show me the changes for the specified file.  Now it
goes ahead on its own and scans the entire directory tree underneath
the current directory.

It's rather inconvenient when you just want to look to see what's
changed in a single, specific file, and meld launches into a scan that
sucks up CPU and disk bandwidth for several minutes.  The scan is
completely useless, because meld doesn't do anything with the results.

Is there some way to disable this new "feature"?

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Hmmm ... a CRIPPLED
                                  at               ACCOUNTANT with a FALAFEL