Re: Patch for meld to handle multiple diffs from command line

2009/9/17 Ken Kinder <kkinder gmail com>:
> Hello. I think I've developed a patch for meld that would allow it to handle
> multiple comparisons from one command line execution. The idea is that the
> current usage is kept the same, but multiple diffs can be specified by
> separating each one with a "-" in the argument list. So for example, you
> could run:
>
>     meld file1.orig file1.mine - file2.orig file2.mine - file3.orig
> file3.mine
>
> And it would show up with a tab for each of those comparisons.
>
> Patch is attached. Feedback is welcome; just thought I would share my
> contribution.

While there's nothing wrong with your patch, you should already be
able to do this with the --diff command line option. Usage should be
similar:
  meld --diff file1.orig file1.mine --diff file2.orig file2.mine
--diff file3.orig

Does this solve the same problem, or are you angling for something different?

Kai