Re: Caching merged diffs

Kai Willadsen wrote:
I'd be interested to know how you did these tests. I've had real
problems getting reliable results when testing performance

I just measured the time taken by _update_highlighting(). This time it was quite easy as the results are 100% reproducible, which is not always the case. E.g. sometimes I need to add some "warm-up" calls as the first executions of methods tend to be much slower.

One thing I have just noticed about my patch - it is a bit more flexible when the highlighting code changes (remember ?) as caching does not rely on the sequence matching algorithm.