Re: Custom conflict colors

2009/8/21  <daspostloch googlemail com>:
> Hi,
>
> first, thanks for this great application. Since I converted
> to a dark gtk scheme, meld's output is hardly readable
> to me.  I found an earlier post on changing colors [1],
> yet the gconf keys do not seem to have an effect. Has
> something changed since 2006 or am I doing it wrong?
> I fire up gconf-editor, navigate to /apps/meld and add
> keys for color_conflict_fg, color_delete_fg, color_inline_fg.
> Neither plain color names as Pink or rgb values as #ffb100
> seem to work, not after restarting meld or after logging out
> and back in (both added as strings and without quotes or
> something).

We actually don't use those foreground colours anywhere except in
inline highlighting, iirc. You should be able to change the background
colour of conflicts by setting the /apps/meld/color_conflict_bg key -
this works for me on current Meld, but the change bars at the side
apparently don't use these colours anymore.

Kai