Re: (feature request) pdf comparison

Without suggesting that comparing PDFs is necessarily something that
Meld should support...

Would there be any interest in some kind of mime-type-based plugin
system for comparing non-plain text files? It would be possible -
easy, in fact - to provide some hooks for viewing images side-by-side,
for extracting text from PDFs, etc. This could even allow for
filtering of already comparable text files to e.g., improve
diffability of latex files.

The downside would be that a plugin system could *dramatically*
increase the scope for Meld, possibly beyond what the interface is
reasonably designed for.

Thoughts?

Kai