[no subject]

So there is no history functionality for new widgets (and I don't know
that anyone is working on it). This also applies to GnomeFileEntry -
it's replaced by GtkFileChooserButton, which has no history at all,
and a very different interface. If there was a decision to just go
with GtkFileChooserButton and lose history-saving, then I'll happily
volunteer to do the conversion. However, keeping a
GnomeFileEntry-alike interface with history would probably be a lot of
work, and I wouldn't know where to start.

Opinions? Just how much do people need history?

> Double bonus
> marks for getting completion in there too!

The default Gtk file dialog has completion built in, but obviously
that doesn't complete against history, which I'm guessing is what you
wanted?

Kai