Re: Execution error on Meld 1.2.1

2008/11/25 Joe Bell <joe bell prodeasystems com>:
> Thanks all for the information and patch - I suppose I'm behind on my
> Python releases.
>
> In the past I've added a version check guard to my Python scripts:
>
>    #
>    # This is probably the lowest version of Python we're comfortable
> with
>    # requiring
>    #
>    if sys.version_info < (2, 4, 1):
>        print("svngroup:  Python 2.4.1 or higher is required")
>        sys.exit(1)
>
> Would something like this be appropriate for meld?

A similar check is actually already in meld, but meld's minimum
required Python version is (supposed to be) 2.3, since 2.3 is also the
minimum version to run meld's required version of gtk+ (which should
be 2.8).

It suspect that the ternary just slipped in, as these things tend to
do when you're used to newer language features, so this is just a bug
to be fixed.

--
Kai