Re: GNU Patch version?

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Edwin Vane <revane gmail com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Using meld today I came across an error dialogue unexpectedly that read:
>
> Invoking patch failed, you need GNU patch.
> 'patch --strip=0 --reverse --directory=/tmp/tmpfsGU0V-meld'
>
> I have GNU patch 2.5.9 installed (the most current available to Ubuntu
> Gutsy). I can't immediately see anything weird about this file but I
> can look into it later if you guys don't have something obvious to
> suggest right now. Run from the command-line I get this Traceback:

Could you give us more détails on what you were doing ?
I assume you were in a source controlled directory, looking
at files that differ from the committed ones.

It would help if you'll describe very precise steps to reproduce
the bug. And if you could attach the 2 versions of the file you're
trying to diff, etc...

--
Vincent Legoll