comparing files with different line endings

Just a quick tip: I occasionally need to compare directory trees that
contain the same files but with different file endings. (Common examples
are comparing a tree checked out of version control on Linux with one
checked out on Windows, or comparing two different revisions of the same
project where I've fixed the line endings that files were checked in
with somewhere in between and want to see if there are any other content
changes.)

Anyway, you can use text filters to get meld to ignore line ending
differences, making CRLF and LF compare equal. In the Text Filters
preferences page, add a new filter with a name something like 'CRLF line
ending' and the regex '\r+$'; enable it, then restart meld to get the
setting picked up when comparing a directory tree.

Just something to make life a bit easier...

-Mark.