Re: meld wishlist

On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 8:54 AM, Vincent Legoll
<vincent legoll gmail com> wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 28, 2008 at 9:52 AM, Vincent Legoll
>  <vincent legoll gmail com> wrote:
>  > I'd add:
>  >
>  >  * Make paned view resizable (like in araxis)
>  >    to able to see more from the pane that is
>  >    interesting you most...
>
>  I've seen traces of commented / inactive code
>  that looks like this had already been attempted
>  in the past, is that so, or am I on crack ?

Yes, I tried this some time ago. I got a two way split somewhat
working but when it came to the three way I came to the conclusion
that I would have to write a custom container widget.

IIRC it pygtk at the time was missing some functionality to implement
a container class so the idea was abandoned. I'm not
sure what vestiges are left in the current code.

Stephen