single-pane view

Hello,

After switching to Linux (Ubuntu; from Windows) a few weeks ago, there's only a
few things I'm missing - most importantly, TortoiseMerge's one-pane view.
Instead of displaying two files side-by-side, TortoiseMerge* optionally merges
the changes into a single pane:
    http://tinyurl.com/3vgh58
(http://tortoisesvn.net/docs/release/TortoiseMerge_en/tmerge-dug.html#tmerge-dug-open-view)

Don't get me wrong, I love Meld - but this would be a terrific enhancement.
Any chance of something like that being implemented anytime soon?
(Unfortunately, I'm not yet skilled enough to do this myself.)

Thanks!

/AC

* http://tortoisesvn.tigris.org/TortoiseMerge.html