Re: How to use meld with 'svn diff'

On 2008-04-18, Vincent Legoll <vincent legoll gmail com> wrote:
> 2008/4/14 Frederik Uppesen <f_uppesen yahoo com>:
>> 'svn diff' can be used to do a variety of comparisons across branches and
>> revisions.
>>
>> But asking svn to use 'meld' in its config file (by setting 'diff-cmd')
>> results in a lot of complaints from 'meld'!
>
> Pure speculation, but diff-cmd is probably for setting the
> command to get a diff file between 2 files or revisions.

Right.  And he wants to use meld to "diff" those two files.

> For example you set diff-cmd to GNU diff.

Except he wants to set it to meld, not to gnu diff.

> What you want is another thing, you want to customize the app
> used to *display* that diff.

No, that's not what he wants.  He wants to use meld as the app
that compares the two files.  You can do it, you just need to
write wrapper script that grabs the two file names from the
command line args and calls meld.

> The 2 things are different.

I'll agree that the two things you described are different.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  If I felt any more
                                  at               SOPHISTICATED I would DIE