Compare ssh'ed remote files

Hi!

Thanks for this software, I like meld a lot

Apart from the obvious (what is the obious? compare with specific revision from svn) which I can't tell whether is planned or not,
I'd love to see the following feature:

compare remote files with ssh, It can be usefull to compare config files from your beautiful graphics workstation
to the very inside ascii-console ugly servers

I usually do it with the following command:

ssh user host cat local_file | diff - remote_file

Thanks