Feature request: line-only diff mode

I'd like to have a way for side-by-side file diffs to detect only
which lines differ, and not further mark the actual char-by-char diffs
in those lines. I compare large text files (package-compiling
transcripts, data files, etc) that have many differences and finding
each character difference takes a *long* time (2-5 minutes isn't
uncommon on my 1 GHz machine, and then another 30 seconds each time I
make an edit in the text window). I'd be happy knowing just which
lines are different, and then if and when I select a line, *then* meld
could find the actual diffs for that block of the file.

dan

--
Daniel Macks
dmacks netspace org