Re: Buffer comparison

On 5/3/07, Javier Kohen <jkohen users sourceforge net> wrote:
I just started using meld, and the first real comparison I wanted to
carry out was not between files, but within two blocks of text in my
clipboard. So I tried to start a new comparison, but I only got three
options (file to file, folder to folder, and VCS), none of which allowed
me to compare two (or three) unsaved files (buffers, in EMACS-speak).

I think this would be a nice feature, as I find myself more often than
never comparing two bits of logs, or other unsaved pieces of text.

That's a use I have yet to find for it. Have you tried new-> original
= "foo" mine = "bar" and then ignoring the two error messages that
come up? Alternatively have two empty files to avoid the error
message... Then just paste anything into the left and right buffers
and it will get compared.

/K