diffs over nfs mount

Hi all. I'm trying to use meld to report info. on a
CVS repository located on a solaris box; I'm using
fedora core 6 on a standard Intel box as my desktop
machine. The location of my CVS working directory is
mounted via nfs.

When I open a 'New' file and select the mount point
under  "Version Control Browser", the relevant files
are shown, complete with correct statuses - i.e. those
files that have been modified are marked thus.
However, when I do a right-click + compare, I get a
"No differences found." dialog.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

- Bobby