Feature request for three-way merges

Hi, I just started using Meld -- it really is an excellent tool.  Thank
you very much for the work that's been done to provide it.

One minor bug report:
- I've noticed that keyboard focus is sometimes ambiguous with regards
to the ctrl/shift modifiers.  Sometimes I have to click on one of the
editor windows before ctrl/shift will modify the clickable options in
the center divider.

And two feature requests:
- It would be nice if an empty file comparison were opened automatically
on startup.  Then I wouldn't have to click "New"+"Ok" when pasting text,
dropping file links on the filename field, etc.

- I'm using Perforce P4 for version control.  Meld itegrates quite well
for standard two-way diffs, but for three-way diffs Perforce want to
send a command line like:
The order of parameters is adjustable, so that's not really important.
The idea is that any change you try and save to <ancestor> don't modify
the file but get saved to <target> instead.  <Target> isn't displayed,
and isn't modified unless it's overwritten with merged results.  That
way Perforce still has the original <ancestor> file and can tell if
you've actually merged the file and want to replace your local copy with
the result, or if you've just closed the merge window without doing
anything.

Thank!
Ian McLean