Re: meld: Activation of pygtksourceview

On 18 Jan, Stephen Kennedy wrote:
>> But when I activate the function "Use syntax highlighting" I get the
>> message "Syntax highlighting is only available if you have pysourceview
>> installed." (which should be part of pygtksourceview if I am rigth). The
>> syntax highlighting is not activated (nor for a C program and not for a
>> java program).

>> How can I activate the syntax highlighting in meld?

> You don't say but I assume you're using 0.9.4.1 which supports the now
> obsolete pysourceview module.

Yes, I am using the rpm meld-0.9.4.1-3.noarch.rpm for Fedora 3, which
was created 11 Dez 2004 (can be found on
http://download.fedora.us/fedora/fedora/3/i386/RPMS.extras/).

Because the message on the homepage, that one should use pygtksourceview
is from 2004-08-03, I thought the rpm version would support
pygtksourceview.

> Can you try the cvs version? Get branch-0_9 - it supports
> pygtksourceview and pysourceview (in that order) and it's extremely
> close to what will be released as 0.9.5.

Where can I find it? I didn't find a link on the homepage
(http://meld.sourceforge.net/).

> PS. I've cc'ed meld-list. It would be great if you could follow up
> there.

I also didn't find the address of the meld-list on the homepage (I
searched for it). Is there any other homepage?

Dietmar

--
Dietmar Lippold, Institut IS, Universität Stuttgart
Raum 1.461, Universitätsstraße 38,  70569 Stuttgart