Re: meld: Activation of pygtksourceview

> the installation of the rpm-package of meld on Fedora 3 was very easy.
>
> We were also able to complie and install pygtksourceview 1.1.0 under
> /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/ .
>
> But when I activate the function "Use syntax highlighting" I get the
> message "Syntax highlighting is only available if you have pysourceview
> installed." (which should be part of pygtksourceview if I am rigth). The
> syntax highlighting is not activated (nor for a C program and not for a
> java program).
>
> This is also the case if I set the environment variable LD_LIBRARY_PATH
> to /usr/local/lib/python2.3/site-packages/ before I start meld.
>
> How can I activate the syntax highlighting in meld?
>
> Thanks for the work on meld. meld is a great program.

Hi Dietmar, it's great to see packagers picking up pygtksourceview!

You don't say but I assume you're using 0.9.4.1 which supports the now
obsolete pysourceview module. I've been meaning to make a release for
some time now which supports the new pygtksourceview module.

Can you try the cvs version? Get branch-0_9 - it supports
pygtksourceview and pysourceview (in that order) and it's extremely
close to what will be released as 0.9.5.

Or you could change the "import sourceview" lines in meldapp.py and
filediff.py to "import gtksourceview as sourceview". Not 100% sure that
will work though.

Thanks.
Stephen.

PS. I've cc'ed meld-list. It would be great if you could follow up
there.
--
Stephen Kennedy <stevek gnome org>
http://meld.sf.net visual diff and merge