Re: OPTIONS/SORT

Ben - I think what they're trying to tell you, at least about the sort options, is that the syntax of the provided sort field follows the same syntax as the commandline sort (so, "man sort" at a terminal prompt, or google search, can help you out there). I opened a document and confirm that this is so (e.g., using "-k 9 -r" in the field will tell mcedit to sort, keying on field 9 and reversed).

I believe that you may be stuck as far as the help document support for the larger "mcedit" program. "man mcedit" provides some information, but not, as you probably know, the kind of detail you're asking for. The manpage references cooledit but that editor is no longer in common circulation. I tried to download and compile it on my Kubuntu 20.04 system but nothing doing. It may be too old (2018 is the datestamp on it).

Sorry.

--

“Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.”

― Aristotle