Midnight Commander 4.8.23 released

Hi,

I'm glad to announce the immediate availability of mc-4.8.23!

This is a maintenance release including several improvements and fixes
for issues found since the last one, most notably we hope that long
standing gpm problems are finally taken care of.

In as far as improvements are concerned, the deletion of large directory
structures should now take significantly less time. In other news, "File
exists" dialog layout has been improved, and there is now a possibility
to redefine key bindings for the top menu.

For the detailed list of changes since the last release, please refer to
the release notes.

Download page: http://ftp.midnight-commander.org/?C=N;O=D
Release notes: http://www.midnight-commander.org/wiki/NEWS-4.8.23

As usual, kudos to Andrew Borodin, whose tireless work made this release
possible, as well as all of our contributors, including translators.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev