C coders would know ?

Advancing hardware technology has made USBstik-based linux installations
very viable. But they run from RAM: so you can't chroot from one to see
the contents of another.

Right now I've got:-
root@box:/home/tc# uname -a
Linux box 4.2.9-tinycore64 #1999 SMP Mon Jan 18 19:59:34 UTC 2016 x86_64 GNU/Lin

root@box:/home/tc# mc -V
GNU Midnight Commander 4.8.12
Built with GLib 2.40.0
Using the S-Lang library with terminfo database
With builtin Editor
With subshell support as default
With support for background operations
With mouse support on xterm
With support for X11 events
With internationalization support
With multiple codepages support
Virtual File Systems: cpiofs, tarfs, sfs, extfs, ftpfs, fish
Data types: char: 8; int: 32; long: 64; void *: 64; size_t: 64; off_t: 64;

This TC64bit's mc gives me "Two files are needed to compare" Error for
comparing selected Leftpanel file with a selected RightPanel file.
Whereas chroot to 32 bitDeb7 shows the differences nicely in *COLOR* !.
Also AFAIR does RAMbased64bit:slax.
.
Some attempts at transfering appS: TC64 <--> slax64
 have failed. My reasoning is that if the main-excutable eg. `which mc`
 is transfered, and all the "ldd `which mc`" libraries too, the app should
 run.
.
slax's designer/controller writes that if the good-old-app wanting to be
transfered, comes from Slackware, it can't be transfered as described
above. It will fail, since slax is Debian based.

My reasoning is that eg. mc's C-code is independant of Debian and
 Slackware. My query is not specific to mc.
Have I missed some finer points?

== TIA