Re: Strange occassion with directory with spaces and tcsh

On Sun, 19 Mar 2017, Rashid N. Achilov wrote:

Recently I spent some time for this strange - in src/subshell/common.c is there function feed_subshell(). When login shell is bash, read(), issued intjo this fuctioin, reads full name of directory. When login shell is tcsh, read() reads directory name up to last '/' char! (this way - when directory has name "/tmp/test test", bash-called read() reads "/tmp/test test" and works OK, tcsh-called read() reads "/tmp" and throws warning)

I don't have tcsh, so I can't check it out, but if you have a patch that works for you and make Trac ticket, it might even get committed one day.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev