disable/hide .[^]>

Hello,

in the top right corner, there are these symbols:

  .[^]>

and if mouse is enabled, this can actually be clicked and show history.

Is there a simple way to hide these symbols completely?

I am using mc with mouse disabled, and I am not using history anyway.
This functionality has no use for me, I only find these symbols distracting.

also, in the top left corner, there is this "back button" < and 'n
underneath (for sorting). Any chance of getting rid of those as well ?

thanks,