RE: Static build of mc

On Tue, 13 Sep 2016, David Leigh wrote:

Wow!  This worked (with just a few minor glitches) RIGHT OUT OF THE BOX!
FIRST execution and I had something that worked.  I used the version of mc
that yum installed with the CentOS 6.8.  That was like 4.7.0 or something.
Now that I have a baseline that works, I may see if I can get a more recent
package to work (upgrade my CentOS box and upgrade mc).

For latest (unofficial) binaries, including CentOS 6, see:

    http://www.midnight-commander.org/wiki/Binaries

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev