Re: Static build of mc

On Mon, 12 Sep 2016, david leighweb com wrote:

They told me that the server is a CentOS 6 box. I see traces of CloudLinux and CageFS in my user space as well.

This doesn't sound good, just make sure you aren't constrained to jailshell or whatever CloudLinux calls it, because previously I remember that in that case you somehow couldn't even properly allocate a tty... it'd be stupid if you'll manage to compile mc and then figure it doesn't run. You can check it with screen if it's already installed on the target host, if that works, then mc is also likely to work.

I would have actually just extracted pre-compiled mc from an rpm and put all of its library dependencies (also extracted from rpms) on LD_LIBRARY_PATH as the other poster suggests, but yeah, you can do it the hard way too.

export GLIB_LIBDIR=/root/myglibc/build/lib

The following seemed to work for me:

    $ GLIB_LIBDIR=/usr/lib ../configure

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/root/myglibc/build/lib

You don't need this.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev