Re: Midnight Commander 4.8.18 released

Hi Laurent,

On Mon, 3 Oct 2016, Laurent Wandrebeck wrote:

I’ve used official tar.xz package, and mc was built with the
following options:

       --without-x \

It would be great if you could try to rebuild --with-x and libX11-devel as a build dependency (no other changes are needed). This allows mc to use X11 to detect some key modifiers if running inside graphical terminal emulators (i.e. Meta + Enter).

I'm not quite sure why Fedora people have turned this off. Maybe they simply don't understand what it does and believe that this will introduce an install-time / run-time dependency on X11. That is not the case, mc will be able to install and run without X11 just as before, only in addition it will also dynamically load X11 libraries and use them if they are available.

Thanks for your packages!

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev