Re: Compiling mc 4.8.15

On Sat, 2016-02-06 at 20:31 -0600, Russell Urquhart wrote:

I'm a technical writer with a CS background. If someone could tell me
the steps to compile all this for working under OS X, i would gladly
write this up in a clear manner and donate to the mc doc effort!

Given the difficulties that you are having, I'm really wondering why you
haven't simply installed mc from any of the package management systems
available for Mac OS X (MacPorts, homebrew, Fink, rudix, ...).

I'm sorry, it's way too difficult to pinpoint what exactly is that you
did wrong, but it seems that you are trashing your / (apparently without
realizing it) instead of working in a clean prefix, so... really... you
are on your own.

Unfortunately, I can't afford to explain in details how one should
safely build software from source, but maybe somebody else can help you
further if they have time & inclination.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev