Text input fields not taking the character 'j' or 'd'

Hi,

I finally got mc to compile and run under OS X El Capitan. I ran into an issue that is in the version i
compiled, as well as the binary that is our there for version .12.

For example, if i do a Shift-F6 to rename a file, when i go to enter the new name, i can enter any text
character except the letter j (upper or lower case) and the letter d (upper or lower case).

I compiled mc with the latest Slang lib, latest Gettext, etc.

Has anyone else seen this? Any ideas why this is happening?

Thanks,

Russ