Re: mc tip

Years ago I wrote an mc tutorial which gets 90% of the traffic on my website. Hope it is of use to you, Bryce.

www.trembath.co.za/mctutorial.html

Regards,
Jane

On 24 Nov 2015, at 0:43, Jon M <jon tech uk gmail com> wrote:

Indeed - Lynx-like motion is also my top tip.
IMHO it should be enabled as default.
Remember to save settings!

My other tip: ALT+S or CTRL+S for file searching.
Allows searching for names - with wildcards:
Example:
CTRL+S then sy jumps to first file starting with sy
CTRL+S then *sy jumps to first file containing sy
Further presses of CTRL+S jump to next matching file

If your keyboard or terminal does not have function keys:
ESC [num] does equivalent of F[num]
Example: to exit mc hit ESC then 0 (same as F10)
But why would you ever want to do that?

Jon