Re: Mailing lists vs forums

On Tue, 2015-06-16 at 06:45 -0700, Mike Smithson wrote:
Why don't we have general Midnight Commander discussion
on some site like

http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-software-2/

Put a link to forum on http://www.midnight-commander.org/

It would be cheap to implement.

Would anyone else use this feature?

I would certainly not mind if someone takes up the task to create and
moderate a user forum. I have no problem at all with putting a link to
any such place on midnight-commander.org.

It could be a subsection on one of the popular Linux boards like the one
linked above, a StackOverflow subsection, or something like that, but
what really matters is that it should be regularly checked by someone
with enough knowledge of mc to give users meaningful answers and
preferably in a timely manner.

As you might have guessed, unfortunately, this can't be me :-/ but if
someone is willing to put their time into it, that definitively can't
hurt the project in any way, right? So, I'm all for it.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev