Re: mc on high resolution monitor with konsole

On Sat, 27 Dec 2014 16:11:34 -0800, Outback Dingo <outbackdingo gmail com> wrote:

ive got a samsung 4k, running kde in the proper mode, however in konsole
when i launch mc

it only fills 1/3 of the screen... how can i get it to be full screen? ive
attached an image

How many $COLUMNS in that window? 500 or something? I thought I was getting
out of hand with 236 on 1920x1080. :)

Check F9-> Options -> Layout. It looks like mc is not expecting a super-wide screen and thinks it's in 80 column mode or something. Note that with really wide screen like that your scrolling may be slow. You may want to use smaller
terminal window, or much bigger font.

Also, sending SIGWINCH to mc may help fix it automatically: try un-maximizing
the window, then re-maximizing it. mc may adjust properly. Then SAVE the
options so it remembers for next time.

--
Peace and Cheer