Re: Cannot submit new ticket

On Mon, 7 Dec 2015 09:50:37 -0500
Volodymyr Buell <vbuell gmail com> wrote:

These guys despite the fact that people asked to consider moving to
github/bitbucket keep claiming that their current infrastructure is ok. So
be patient and wait few years more or just contribute to another project -
seems like your bug requests are not welcome here.

Oh, now I recalled, that a couple of months ago the was a disappointing article that the development of mc
will stuck due to lack of main developers. Thus I think possible contributors must be welcome and not
opposite. Or there were really many others who had problems? I found, that even one of main contributors had
an issue [1].

I'm not a big fan of github, since every day I'm waiting bad news, like special limits to users of free
accounts (like data hosting sites, e.g., 40 KB/s). It's really a miss, that google closed it's free
repository. I would vote for email access to bug-related things, like in debian. Also vlc developers make
reviews of patches the good old way per email.

Regards,
Andrey

[1] https://mail.gnome.org/archives/mc-devel/2015-March/msg00000.html