file size format

Dear list,

when dealing with large files in MC, I have difficulties counting the digits to get the order of magnitude of the file size (hundreds of MB, or tens of GB, ..). Sometimes, I use the trick to pressinsert key, which higlihts the file and shows the file size in a nicely formated way (i.e. 123,456,789), which makes it thousand times more readable.

I am wondering if/how I could set up MC to show the filesize in this format by default, in the size collumn.

thanks,
Konrad