Re: mc hang on program startup, forcing reboot to clear

On Sat, Jun 15, 2013 at 3:22 PM, Trey Blancher <trey blancher net> wrote:
I periodically have issues launching mc from a terminal (rxvt-unicode,
or sometimes Linux virtual console).  The program appears to launch,
but the window is mostly black save for a single cursor cell of blue
with my flashing cursor on top.

A similar thing happened to me when I had GPM service running at the
same time as X. If I stop GPM then MC freeze-on-startup stops
happening. I disabled GPM from autostarting since I rarely need it. If
I am on console without X, I can start GPM manually anyway. Maybe it
worth a try if you have GPM installed!