Re: Funny action on "opening" a pdf document

[Theodore Kilgore, 2013-01-19]
OK. I can not do any more of this on the machine which is in the workplace
right now, but I tried it at home on my Raspberry Pi which was having the
same problem. It seems to fix the problem well enough.

great

Some observations, both for you who apparently are connected with xdg-open
and for the MC people:

I'm just a xdg-open user

1. The RPI is a little machine, with minimal resources. It is not expected
to deal with mail, so there was no .mailcap file. No mail programs, not
even client programs, and so nothing related was installed, either. Hence,
the only way that was reasonable for creating a .mailcap file was to copy
one over there. For similar reasons, there was no /etc/mime.types, either,
and no .mime.types file in my user directory.

On Debian, it is provided by mime-support package which is "Priority:
standard" so you have to do some work to... not have this files
installed by default.
--
Piotr OÅarowski                         Debian GNU/Linux Developer