Re: Changing the default PDF viewer application

On Tue, 9 Oct 2012, Frank McCormick wrote:

*snip*

 Do I have to close all instances of mc to make the changes to the
 extension file work?

 Yes...but there is a local mx.ext file in .config/mc that overrules
the global /etc/mc.ext and the local one is the one which should be changed. You'll also have to close mc to get the changed file reloaded.

Thanks for that answer Frank, Trey, and all the others that took their time to reply.

I edited the local /root/.mc/bindings file
(which is exactly the same as the /etc/mc/mc.ext file), closed all instances of mc, restarted it and this works fine now:

# PDF
type/^PDF
    Open=(kpdf %f >/dev/null 2>&1 &)
    #Open=(evince %f >/dev/null 2>&1 &)

Thanks again to all that replied.

I prefer KPDF over evince as my PDF viewer.

Keith Roberts

Websites:
http://www.karsites.net
http://www.php-debuggers.net