Re: your mail

On Mon, Jun 18, 2012 at 01:22:27PM +0200, Olav Vitters wrote:
Removed + banned from mailing list (probably infected computer)

I was totally unclear as I got various questions.

To explain.

Someone named "Cluj cat <clujcat at yahoo.com>" sent a spam message to
the mc mailing list. I removed that person from the mailing list and
banned the person.

No action to anyone other than "Cluj cat" was taken!

Very often this is due to malware running on some Windows computer and
which has stolen their login details (in this case yahoo.com). The
person us unknowingly sending this spam.

However, from experience I know that although the sender doesn't do this
on purpose, the problem often stays. Meaning: even if they change their
password, run antivirus, etc.. the spam just keeps coming.

--
Regards,
Olav