Re: Midnight Commander 4.8.1.2 (stable) released

mc-4.8.1.2 now released (stable).

I just compile it and test it.

Something is broken with bz2, xz and gz support, 7z is OK.

If I press Enter on bz2 archive I get red error "Cannot open tar
archive mc-4.8.1.2.tar.bz2/ubz2://" but if I press Enter second time
(while error message is shown) bz2 support works OK, the bz2 archive
is opened.

My colleague has the same problem [1]:

I have now done some tests.
I usually use F3 to look at archives - that works

If I just press Enter, the Red box appears, but only for tar type archives.

xx.diff.gz opens directly (one file)
xx.xz  opens directly (one file)

but for multifile archives
xx.tgz requires a second step