Recommended version for distributions

Hi,

I'm the maintainer of midnight commander in the Arch Linux [community]
repository. Until now, I packaged the latest stable released version as
listed on midnight-commander.org.
Lately I've been getting requests to update to the newly released 4.8.0.
As I'm not sure what the best policy is here, I'd like to ask which
version you recommend for inclusion in distros:

 * the latest released version (currently 4.8.0), or
 * latest stable released version (currently 4.7.5.5)

Jakob