Re: mc Digest, Vol 81, Issue 5

On Tue, 2011-01-25 at 00:13 +0200, chris glur wrote:

Yes that would be good, but life is complex.
Because of spam-fear, we have associated this mail-list with gmail,
which handles spam well.

Why would not you change your subscription mode to individual messages
and use Gmail filters instead of using batched (digest) mode?

BTW, I'm assuming that this crappy web-based mail is putting line breaks OK.

Not really.

And gmail's default mode is web-based.
Experimenting to use pop or imap costs effort and each dialup costs me
connection fees. ------------------

You can experiment with a local pop3 server such as dovecot and then
replace the hostname when you are done.

]The FTP File System (ftpfs) allows you to manipulate files on remote machines.
So does it use tcp-ip? And then it would have to access the
'internet stack'? And any 2 PCs which could ppp, even via plip could swap files?

Yes. But you need to have an FTP server installed and configured in
order to use it.

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev