Re: File Transfers

On Saturday 23 April 2011 19:44:00 you wrote:
On Sat, 23 Apr 2011 09:57:20 +1200 William Kimber wrote:
 When using F5 Copy from local to network computer with ssh link, Is
there a way to stop MC  buffering of the original file onto the
originating machines hard drive /tmp/mc-username when the file is
already on the hard drive either in same or different partition.

Unfortunately, no.

Then that would mean I have to set up a samba share.  Hopefully that goes
at full speed.

For some reason newer Linux distro's seem set to refuse ssh and I haven't
figured out how  to change it .  If I could I would use the machine being
transferred to as local which avoids the trouble.

Thanks
William

http://midnight-commander.org/ticket/77

We have a plan to redesign that.