Re: Problem using cdrtools for iso contents display with MC

On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 3:35 PM, Paul Marwick <paul marwick gmail com> wrote:
Paul Hartman wrote:

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Paul Marwick<paul marwick gmail com>
 wrote:

I've recently hit a problem trying to read iso files with MC. Looking at
/etc/mc/mc.ext, viewing iso contents is handled by this code:

# ISO9660
regex/\.([iI][sS][oO])$
       Open=%cd %p#iso9660
       View=%view{ascii} isoinfo -l -i %f

I'm not sure if this is a recent version, but under Salix, isoinfo is
provided by cdrtools-2.01.01a78 (a Slackware package). Using this, a
number
of iso files give a series of parsing errors, followed by a double
message
setting UTF.8 to match locale settings. After these messages are passed,
an
empty directory is shown - nothing of the contents of the iso is
displayed.

I'm using mc 4.7.4 with cdrtools 3.00 and have similar parsing errors,
but not UTF error. This happens only on some ISO files.

Sounds like the same error. What is your LANG variable set to? Mine is
en_GB.utf8, which is probably the reason for the utf8 error.  Only happens
on some iso files.

My LANG=en_US

I just did this experiment: I saved a copy of the isoinfo output from
cdrools 3.00 then removed it and installed cdrkit-1.1.10 and ran the
same commands. Comparing the output, it seems the cdrkit file size
"column" in the output is 6 characters wider than the cdrtools
version.  Like you, MC is happy with cdrkit and can view the files
normally.

When I strip whitespace and compare the files produced by the 2
programs, they are identical, md5sum matches. So it seems the column
width from cdrtools isoinfo may be the reason.

Maybe some regexp guru can fix up the patterns in extfs.d/iso9660 so
that they work with both versions of isoinfo?