File operations: pause?

Hello there,

from time to time, I'm in the right middle of a long file operation in
mc, and I want (need or would need) to pause the transfert. The usual
reason is to give more priority to another resource-eating task.

The only way I've found is to abort the file operation, and re-start it
later. Sub-optimal and potentially difficult when the source selection
was complex.

Is there anybody here who thinks that being able to pause file
operations (copy/move/del, unpack archives?) could be an interesting
minor feature?

Or is there a convenient way to perform it without having to freeze mc
process?

Regards,

--
wwp