Re: mc editor shows

Hi!

Maybe you should start by reading the manual...

Editor -> Options -> General...

[ ] Visible tabs

--
Sincerely yours,
Yury V. Zaytsev

On Sat, 2010-10-30 at 16:32 +0200, Kevin Wilson wrote:
Hi,
I am using mc 4.7.4 which I had built from source code.

When I navigate to folders which contains file of "C" language source code
and edit *.c or *.h files with
F4 (mcedit), then almost all lines of the file start with:

<-------->

I made a check, and this is as a result of a tab in the beginning of a
line, which is thus displayed in mcedit.

Is there any way to avoid this ?  I want to be able to see no special
sign where there is a tab (or when there is no tab).
I am willing to confugure and build again the source code; I will
appreciate if somebody can tell me what should I do to avoid this.

mc -V

GNU Midnight Commander 4.7.4
Virtual File Systems: cpiofs, tarfs, sfs, extfs, ftpfs, fish
With builtin Editor
Using system-installed S-Lang library with terminfo database
With subshell support as default
With support for background operations
With mouse support on xterm and Linux console
With support for X11 events
With internationalization support
With multiple codepages support
Data types: char: 8; int: 32; long: 64; void *: 64; size_t: 64; off_t: 64

Rgs,
Kevin